Total Pageviews

Friday 6 April 2012

2nd of April 2012

2nd of April 2012 Rabanal del Camino to Molinaseca 37,699 steps on the stepometer. Today has by far been the hardest walk of the Camino so far but also the most fulfilling. I woke up a little later than I usually do because I had a glass of wine with my meal last night which is unusual for me them went downstairs and joined the other pilgrims for breakfast I then went and packed my bag before heading out of the village.the sky's are clear and the weather is very pleasant today. The views going up were stunningly beautiful with lush pasture and apple trees blossoming,the heather is out in flower too gorgeous bright whites and pinks amoungst the green bushes, a local passes me on horseback going the other way on the track after a bit I reach the village of Foncebadon and stop in the albergie called la Cruz de Ferro for a drink and savour their open fire complete with crystals and pictures of lovely thinks I secretly wish I had reached here yesterday for tge night another 2ks on I reach the highest point of the Camino and the actual Cruz a huge pile of rocks left by the hundreds of thousand previous pilgrims,I pause here for a while and leave an orgone generator I made and a rose quartz heart on the pile,the path then leads down to Manjarin an abandoned village with a very medieval place some pilgrims stay at,the views are stunningly beautiful very panoramic too, the path heads up for a bit before going very steeply down for a few ks to reach the lovely village called Acebo where I have a coffee and tortilla sandwich. Still heading sharply down the path reaches Reigo de Ambros then after what seems like a scrabble down the mountain,I'm in my own little bubble concentratiny very hard on where I'm planting my feet when a huge snake goes rushing past me on the path,it shocked me bad to say the least,the path winds down and down and it finally gets to the quant little town called Molinaseca at the bottom where I soak my throbbing blistered feet in the super cold stream before I go over the medieval bridge to go find an albergie called Santa Maria that's on the other side of the town,the beds are comfy and the shower seriously powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment