Total Pageviews

Monday 16 April 2012

9th of April 2012

9/10th of April 2012 Melide to Santiago de Compostela i made it to Santiago and the Cathedral feeling glad to have finished but also simply physically unable to walk one step further. My feet had decided not to go back in my boots, i made a mental note and reminder to myself never to buy this brand again, the five blisters on my feet i had nursed all the way from Leon. Upon entering the Cathedral i could not walk around i simply sat on a pew somewhere discreet and wept like the tide was on its way out. I just sat outside of the cathedral in Santiago for many hours after with my sandals off the shoes were thrown away to one side of me and throbbing feet being aired,like the many other pilgrims sat all around the huge square that all seem when i look at them to have something wrong with either their feet or something on a part of their bodies, but all with looks of serenity and relief. I eventually hobble off a few hours later to go find the pilgrims office and collect my Compostela certificate and be formally congratulated by the assistant and i am so relieved to have finished this walk that i started what seemed so long ago and words simply cannot describe how elated i fell at this moment.I seek out one of the lovely restaurants for some good food for I seriously need to take some time out now so i will come back on here at some point in the future and write and expand some more,i appreciate any feedback and comments on any of these posts.......................

3 comments:

  1. WOW....!!!!
    You finished. I enjoyed following your posts. I had no internet access for 2 weeks. Now and I very happy to read your last posts. I am very impressed to know,that through all your troubles, you never gave up and finished this extraordinary long walk. I am very proud of you. I hope that when my wife and I, try this walk this Fall, we will have the determination that you showed, to finish like you did. Again... WOW great job and great story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Thank you so much for all the time you spent sharing. I fly over September 1st and will hit the trail September 3rd. Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother and I walked from St Jean and finished on the 22nd April.
    What a fantastic experience.
    Good luck to everyone who is going to do the Camino.

    ReplyDelete