Total Pageviews

Friday 30 March 2012

30th March 2012

20,400 steps omn my stepometer today Villar de Mazariffe to Hospitol de Orbigo. Had a great sleep last night and woke up feeling refreshed from it at 7am, i pack up my things into my backpack and go downstairs and have a coffee at the bar before i head off on the trail.my feet are sore today from the corn i have on my little toe and also from the blisters i had on both heels from yesterdays walk, this was caused by my insoles that i have put in my boots to help my foot condition of plantar fasciitis.I walk a lot slower today but this dosent seem to help too much and this then gives me another huge blister on the other little toe.The road is very flat out of the village and the fields strech out for many miles around and it looks like maize is being grown here,the sun comes up very soon after i set off,a couple of hours into my walk i reach a sleepy village called Villavante and have another coffee at the bar and this is where i meet three fellow pilgrims on the path to Santiago,a couple one who is English the other that is South African that both live live in Barcelona, and also an English lady that lives in Brighton.We all walk together to the next town when i decide that i am done for the day its only 11:30am when i arrive.The albergie here called Karl Leisner in the center of town is very beautiful and also very peaceful it is 17th century with a central courtyard and also a grassed garden out of the back.Theirs not a cloud in the sky and its probably 22 degrees again today.I find the pharmacy and buy some blister plasters and also a couple of mini silicon tubes to put over my little toes to stop the rubbing and hopefully this will sort the problems i have out,i will let you all know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment