Total Pageviews

Friday 13 January 2012

Hontanas to Itero de la Vega 29,500 woke up today late like 8am instead of 7 ,it's freezing inside and out I quickly dress and pack put all my clothes I have on again, and have a quick coffee from the machine downstairs and get out into the freezing fog again, I walk for an hour or so and pass an ancient derelict monastery before reaching Castrojeres about an hour and a half later.I find a shop in the centre and buy bread ham salami and chocolate it's almost too cold to make a sandwich and eat it outside but I manage too as I'm hungry and have Jo choice and really need the energy and I see a huge hill a few ks away that im going to have to climb so I grin and bear the cold. After my snack I quickly walk out of the village and start the climb up the hill it's very steep and long and by the time I'm half way up I'm well into the freezing cloud,I didn't hang around at the top to savour the victory of the climb and decide to push on down the other side much to the complaint of my poor feet.I find the last 3 or 4ks so hard and almost stumble into Itero and the Albergie,once inside I have to plead with the owner to put on the heating on as it's as cold inside as outside im hoping it warms up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment