Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Pamplona to zariquiegui, 9530 stepometer

Pamplona to zariquiegui is only 10k and theres a private albergie in the small village.just as I was leaving the city it started to rain so I doned my waterproofs and decided to take todays walk in an amble.
Every muscle in my legs ankles and buttocks is telling me off, but I find that after half an hours walking that normally warms them up and the aches become bearable.
2ks into the walk the rain became heavy and I could see it darker in the sky ahead.
Walking ttoday towards a huge line of wind generators ontop of the ridge ahead.
A stream ahead has broken its bank and turned the path into the stream instead.the path just keeps on climbing and the rain soon becomes a torrent,I'm loving the power of nature and it's ability to cleanse on many levels.I can see fresh snow in the hills around me and the temp is cold. I finally reached the albergie in zariquiegui and well worth the effort it was the best ive stayed in so far, and Belin the lady who runs it is an angel I was treated to a bacon mushroom an black bean soup,followed by a dish of fish in a tomato sauce (it's Friday today) with lots of fresh bread then a desert of baked custard, I was offered a bottle of wine,but as I don't drink I politely declined.
This place was like a home from homes,It was here I learnt that Basque music has very Celtic resemblance,with bagpipes and flute.

No comments:

Post a Comment